What information is collected on the Website?
You may use the Website without providing any PI to ICE. You will however need to provide PI if you choose to (i) purchase products offered on the Website for the purposes of paying for the products you ordered and processing your order (ii) contact us. Any information you provide on the Website may be processed in Europe and outside Europe.
You allow ICE to store this PI in the ICE customer database. Your PI are kept five years.
You may request by sending an e-mail to ICE to modify or delete your PI at any time as soon as your order has been processed and delivered (see "Changes and access to your PI”). ICE may collect non-personal information about you even if you do not purchase any products on the Website.
ICE also provides you, upon your prior approval, with the opportunity to receive information from ICE, which may be of interest to you, including information relating to products offered on the Website. If you do not want any more to receive such information by e-mail, you may opt-out of further communications at any time by contacting ICE at email@example.com or by calling us at +32 61 21 71 00.
What use is made of the information you provide?
We may use and process your PI for the following purposes:
- fulfil your requests, such as to respond to a question regarding our products, to help you locate a store near you, and/or to provide you with customer service;
- send you important information regarding the Website, and/or other administrative information;
- inform you of products, programs, services and promotions that we believe may be of interest to you, as the case may be through a service provider;
- allow you to publish content on social media type functionality;
- allow you to participate in contests and similar promotions and to administer these activities. Some of these activities have additional rules, which could contain additional information about how we use and disclose your PI;
- facilitate our internal business purposes , namely data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our Website, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns on the basis of information you decide to give us;
- prevent or detect any misuse or fraud;
and only to the extent it is permitted (a) under applicable laws; (b) to comply with legal process (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Please note that
- when you freely post information and materials including a survey for research purposes any information you post or disclose through these services (for example, PI contained in the photos, stories, comments and videos that you submit) may become public information, and may be available to visitors to the Website and to the general public;
ICE may disclose the PI you provide on the Website, as the case may be, to (i) delivery company, in order to process your order and deliver it to you; (ii) third parties who provide services on or to the Website including web hosting, data analysis, IT services, e-mail delivery services, survey fulfilment, social media applications for promotional purposes; (iii) any party which has to verify your information, authenticate payments and process orders.
ICE may also disclose, with your prior approval, the PI you provide on the Website to other companies in the ICE group, in order that such corporate affiliates may contact you with respect to information about such corporate affiliates, including products and services of such corporate affiliates that may be of interest to you. If you do not want to receive such information by email, you may opt out as set forth above in the section entitled "Newsletter".
Please do not send us, or disclose, any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Website.
ICE has implemented security measures to protect the PI you provide against unauthorized access and use. All financial information you provide on the Website is stored on a secure Website operated by Ingenico FS's financial institution. Transactions conducted on Website are protected by an SSL encrypting system. Please be aware, however, that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure and any information disclosed online can potentially be collected and used by persons other than the intended recipient.
If you pay with a payment card that is issued by a bank located in a country outside the European Union, then your payment data can be sent to that country as well, in order to enable the processing of your payment. By submitting your payment card details you expressly agree that your payment data can be sent to this non EU-country.
Changes and access to your PI – your rights
You may ask ICE for access to or to correct, update or delete information you have provided to ICE by contacting ICE, among others to ensure that your orders are shipped to the correct address and that we can contact you about your order if necessary. You may opt-out of further communications at any time. ICE may also retain, for archival purposes, copies of communications with users of the Website and any response to questions or comments sent to users by ICE.
ICE SA S.A., Place Mc Auliffe 34, 6600 Bastogne, Belgium (firstname.lastname@example.org); phone number +32 61 21 71 00 is your data controller according to the Directive on the Protection of Personal Data 95/46/EC.